Holiday Rock

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mixed Blessings ...


Tomorrow we head to Children's Hospital for an EEG on Hannah.
Two years ago ... our lives were turned completely upside down by epilepsy.

Some may think that it didn't really conflict our lives because it wasn't a death sentence. At the time ... I truly did not know what the future held for my precious little girl. Until someone can see their child in a state of incoherence brought on by a seizure, they will never know the feeling. I can still today picture her seizing and Rich and I trying to remain as calm as can be just to talk her out of it. It is such a helpless feeling. Does she hear me? Can she see me? Is she in pain? Why?

Will we be capable of moving forward and hopefully (all fingers and toes crossed) begin the process of weaning her off her medicine that to date has controlled her seizures. The future is held in the EEG test.

I am scared ...
Scared that the test will come back abnormal and her life will continue on having to take her daily medication.
Scared that we will start the process of weaning the meds and time will tell if she has outgrown them.
Scared I will have to see her have another seizure.
SCARED.

This is the part of life that I just need to be blessed with all the great things that I have. Such a beautiful family. Life will go on ... and our love for one another will hold strong .. whatever the outcome may be.

No comments: