Holiday Rock

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Messy Matilda

How can such a precious little girl make such a mess??? Anyone, anyone?
Hannah's room continues to be a constant what to do in my life. She plays in there for hours on end and loves her room. She loves every toy she has. Hannah is someone that has an imagination that runs wild. She is so content to play by herself.
The only problem is ... she loves to make a mess. I ask her if she likes her room looking like it does and she so matter of factly states "YES". If you make her clean it, she will sit and cry for the longest time and get nothing accomplished. I have tried the tough love and just let her cry but honestly that doesn't work. I can't stand to hear her crying. Maybe the problem is too many toys.
Any ideas???

1 comment:

mityscottfamily said...

I took a Love and Logic class, it was really good and I learned a lot. I also bought the book and I look at it weekly.
They say "pick your battles", it's their room and un-less there are things growing in there....shut the door and walk away!! It's hard to do but it's ok to do. I have learned to do this with Megan.
Good Luck